Want to know the easiest, simplest way to get more clients into your business? Here it is: step into the spotlight. Get as many people as you can to know who you are, how wonderful your services are and how you can make a difference in their lives. That means coming out of hiding and fully share who you are with the world.
No brainer, right? Yet for the longest time, I found it so uncomfortable to let myself be seen, to share my opinion whether it was in a group of people physically or on social media – especially when on social media in groups of “experts”. Why? because it can be scary to put yourself out there.
I mean, I have managed to be in paid Facebook groups ( or even free groups for that matter) , filled with my ideal clients, and yet no one even knew I existed, as I would just hide and watch others in action. Even when I knew answers to questions my fellow entrepreneurs asked, where I could give tremendous value, I would stay mute, afraid of what they might think of my reply. Will they like me? Will they think it’s a dumb response?
The moment that I made the choice to stop hiding a little less, I gained momentum, increased my website traffic, got more people checking out my services, making more sales. I can only imagine how much more I would have achieved if I wasn’t playing it so safe and hiding. I read a post on Facebook this week that said that whenever you put yourself out there:
25% of the people will love you
25% will love you but can be convinced not to love you
25% won’t love you but can be convinced to love you
25% won’t like you at all.
Aren’t hose numbers truly liberating? To know that no matter what you do and no matter who you are, there will be people that will not like you at all, but that, most importantly, to know that you have an audience that is waiting just for you and what you have to offer. That those are the ones that will love you for all your qualities, and despite what you consider flaws. Those are the ones who, surprise surprise, will buy from you, because you are courageous enough to show your flaws.
It’s only when you focus on that 25%, regardless of what may be coming at you, that you can truly be of service and make more money.
So, if like me, you have the tendency to want to hide, what do you say we be brave together? Let’s show up in a big way and share our light with the people that need our help.
Here are a few tips to become known on social Media:
- Leverage Facebook groups: find and join groups where your ideal clients are already hanging out and become super generous by answering questions and freely sharing your expertise with your audience. Make friends, share your experiences, use attention grabbing graphics.
- Make use of videos. Whether it’s with live streaming ( Periscope….) or simple videos on Youtube or Facebook, being on video makes your face recognizable to those that have seen you. They get to connect with you on a deeper level, and speed up the know, like and trust factor.
- Though many see Twitter as a time waster, it can be a huge source of free traffic to your website if you know how to effectively use it, and beauty of it is you can get incredible results with just a few minutes a day. You just have to know the right tools to use: ( Hootsuite, Socialoomph …) .
- Facebook ads: always make sure you have a strategy before running your ads. Whether your ads are sent to a webinar sign up, website content, or pdf download optin, a strategic follow up funnel that will nurture your relationship with your audience.
- When posting images on Pinterest, always make sure that there is link back to your website in the description of the image, so that your audience can find out more about how you can help them, the products and services you offer.
- Create your own Facebook Group and share value with members, get to know them and how you can best be of service to them.
- The key on Social Media is to be consistent. Create a social medial calendar and assign specific limited time for your Facebook group posts, and for other, use scheduling tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, Socialoomph….
I am here for you if you ever need encouragement or any help with strategizing your business growth with social media. As a matter of fact, you can schedule a strategy call with me just by clicking the button below. Talk soon!